[Artemisia] Harvest War Armored Combat News

Jamukha Batu jamukha at coteduciel.org
Mon Aug 25 12:03:48 CDT 2008

A little note about the armored combat at Harvest War to answer some
questions that have come up.

First, there is no heavy armor tournament. This year, Harvest War
focuses on WAR!

For the armored dudes and dudettes, Friday is battlefield setup. Jamukha
will be in the battlefield area dragging logs, moving barrels,
inspecting the keep, and so on all day Friday. He will have few
assistants to help, so, he would appreciate any help from those of you
arriving Friday.

The plan is to run war scenarios on both Saturday and Sunday. The first
warm-up battle begins promptly at 10:00 AM. The event stewards insist
the armored fighters begin on time to beat the heat. Additionally, they
will have to give up the main battlefield at 3:00 PM. (There will be
room for pickup's, just not war fighting.)

When fighters first meet at 10:00 on the main battlefield,  they will
divide themselves into the Red  Army and the Gold Army. Each will select
its commander.

After the warm-up battle, we'll run 2 or 3 scenarios. These scenarios
will provide each commander a set of written orders with three
objectives listed in order of priority. Accomplishing the highest
priority earns 3 points, the next priority 2 points, and the last 1
point. Each commander will have up to 20 minutes to ask me clarifying
questions and prepare his army. We'll start the scenario if each army is
ready before the 20 minute max.

Each scenario should last no more than 45 minutes. the
Marshall-in-Charge will stop the scenario and tally objectives if things
look like a stalemate before the 45 minute maximum. Our goal is to keep
things moving.

Many fighters enjoyed the Jerusalem Battle introduced by Bjarki at
Whipping Winds. So, we're going to adjust our fighting schedule to
include it on both Saturday and Sunday. Depending on how energetic the
fighters appear, we'll battle for a period between 20 and 30 minutes.
Currently, we expect to put a Jerusalem Battle between the "planned"
scenarios.

Check the website, http://harvestwar.org,  throughout the week. New
information will be posted every day until Harvest War's opening on Friday.