[Artemisia] Harvest War - Fire Restrictions

Lady Flora lady_flora at msn.com
Mon Aug 25 13:19:10 CDT 2008

Greeting, Good Gentles -

I have been informed by one of our populace, who worked with the Forest
Service for 20 plus years, that the fire danger on our HW site is, indeed,
EXTREMELY high.  I have taken his advice to heart, as I would be devastated
if there were a fire or a fire-related injury at Harvest War.  And so must,
as of this time, say "no open flames" at Harvest War this year, except in
the Town Square communal fire pit.

I am sorry if this causes any inconvenience to any of you.

Also, because of this, if anyone has any extra lanterns that we could use
for the Grand Ball on Sunday evening, they would be greatly appreciated.  If
you would be willing to lend some lanterns for this purpose, please be sure
they are marked CLEARLY with your name and bring them to Information Point
sometime before dusk on Sunday.

Again, please accept my apologies for changing course in mid stream, but I
would MUCH rather be safe than sorry.

See you all at Harvest War!

As Ever,

Lady Flora of Heronton