[Artemisia] Growing artemisias

Ellisif Sleggja elsbet1 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 09:55:21 CST 2008

<<Feverfew, so good for migraines that modern MD's are prescribing it now, is
also good at curing almost any headache.  But it tastes nasty as can  be.
However, if you substitute feverfew for the mint in sekanjabin or just  add it in
with the mint, the flavor becomes tolerable and one teaspoon will not  only
remove a headache but some younger friends of mine discovered that it will
also get rid of a hangover.  It is amusing to give either a leaf of it or a
teaspoon of the sekanjabin to someone with either problem and see the look of
astonishment on their face when the problem disappears within about 5  minutes.
Makes me very popular at times.  And feverfew, mint,  and lemon balm in
sekanjabin makes a quite effective flu remedy.

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia>>

Greetings Mistress  Constance--

I have a dear friend who has suffered from migraines and headaches for much of her life; do you know if using feverfew in tea is more effective than using it in capsule form?

This same friend has also found some temporary releif by rubbing peppermint oil on her temples--she describes it as good enough relief to help her go to sleep at night...

--HL Ellisif Sleggja
Arrows' Flight

(Personal aside--thank you so much for the very kind note you sent me over the Holidays!! It positively made my day.)