[Artemisia] Barony of Sentinels' Keep Arts and Sciences Competition and Rapier Tournament

VLJ1930 at aol.com VLJ1930 at aol.com
Wed Feb 6 08:54:32 CST 2008

War is over! (…at least for another year?)  As our fighters make their way
home and  slowly nurse their wounds and heal their aches; consorts, family and
friends  entertain themselves with various projects of the arts and sciences
nature.  Many days (and nights) have been filled  with spinning and weaving,
hammering and polishing, scribing and painting,  boiling and baking, stitching
and b-----ing…(blush)
Now it is time for all clans, tribes  and families to come together in the
valley of the Keep on the banks of the Five  Rivers to celebrate the coming of
SPRING.
It is time to be PROUD and display  the fruits of our labors.  It is  time to
proclaim one among us as “Champion of the Arts and Sciences of the  Barony of
Sentinels’ Keep”!  Everyone is welcome to bring A&S  items to be displayed
and judged but only a member of the Barony will be  declared ‘Baronial Champion’
.   Anyone wishing to become the Champion must enter a minimum of 4 entries
from 2 grand categories.  We will  follow the Kingdom of Artemisia rules and
judging criteria.  But be cheered… there will also be  “Overall Champion”, “
Populace Choice” and “Novice” awards  that are open to all.  And wait…  there’
s more!  There will be special  prizes too!  (Contact MoAS for more  details,
forms, etc.)
It is also time to be entertained by  the prowess and cunning of those who
practice the art of the duel and rejoice as  one is proclaimed “Rapier Champion
of Sentinels’ Keep”! ALL are welcome to enter!
It is time to feast and to bring your  best and tasty dishes to share with
the appreciative populace.   We may not proclaim you a  ‘Feast Champion’ but we
will claim you ‘Friend’! (See Feast  planning information below)
It is a time to barter and purchase  lovely items brought from far and wide
for our now legendary ‘Arts and  Sciences Auction’ and also from our
supportive and clever vendors.  Thank you in advance for bringing your  generous
donation of items suitable for use in the SCA. (And don’t forget your  money pouches
either!)
But all may not be as quiet and  restful as one may wish for…be forewarned!
And please, do not  stray too far from the baronial enclosure…
March 22,  2008  Saturday  10:00 am to 11:00  pm  Missoula KOA Community
meeting  room
Site Fee-$5.00 ($3.00 surcharge for  non SCA members) includes a light lunch.

Children under 12 are half price.
Feast Fee-All Barony members to  provide a dish that will feed at least 10
people.
All out of town visitors may  provide a dish if they would like or pay a
Feast Fee of $10.00  (Feast Hall is limited to 60  diners)
All checks will be  payable to BSK SCA. Inc.
Feast and Kitchen Crew  coordinator---Lady Ygrainne   406-360-3891
_lexiemarie at montana.com_ (mailto:lexiemarie at montana.com)
Rapier Tournament---Senor Diego de la  Mar   Warranted Rapier  Marshal
406-249-8707
A &S Competition---Lady Vígdís  MoAS,   406-549-6536 (message machine) or
VLJ1930 at aol.com
and  Mistress Iduna Current Baronial A&S Champion
Children’s Activities---HE Deirdre of  Kerry   406-721-6667
Feast Recipe Planning  meeting---February 6, 2008  (BSK Guild night)
Alphabetical dish assignments will be  made from several categories as yet to
be determined.
Event Steward---Lady Vígdís,  406-549-6536 (leave message) or VLJ1930 at aol.com
For Gold Key:  Castellan---Dederick of Huntington,  406-721-8820 or
archer1229 at aol.com
Missoula KOA     3450 Tina Avenue     Missoula, MT 59808
http://www.missoulakoa.com/
Ph: 1-406-549-0881  or  1-800-562-5366 (Toll Free)    Fax:  1-406-541-0884

48)