[Artemisia] Uprising Dates

Mike Bradley connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 14:42:31 CST 2008

No, not this year, I know when that is...

*Sigh* Ok, to start at the beginning.

The other night I was chatting with Gilson.  During my year and a half exile
in Las Vegas, being almost completely inactive with SCA related things, I
forgot one of the cardinal rules that I have learned many times over the
years: "Complaining about a lack of something is the same as volunteering to
create it."  So, I was complaining to John about the lack of a history page
on the Uprising website (http://uprisingwar.org) ... and, seemed to have
inadvertantely volunteered to create said page.

While (amazingly enough) I have a lot of information about dates/places at
my disposal, there are some that I am missing.
To wit: the actual dates in June that Uprisings VII - XIII (1993 - 1999)
took place (as the Aerie archives only go back through 2000 on Yahoo!) and
the location of Uprising VII (1993).
I believe the dates in '93 were the 18 - 20th, but would like confirmation;
as for location, logic leads me to believe that it was at Indian Springs, as
I have very vague memories of hearing that at my first Uprising in '94 that
it was the second year there, and that only one Uprising was held at Pasa La
Coma Scout Camp (Uprising VI in '92).  Having been at Uprising VIII - XIX, I
know where they took place, as well as XX - XXII. Well, will take place for
XXII...

Over the next few days I will be compiling notable awards (probably just
Grant and Peerage orders) given out at Uprisings, as well as going through
the Aerie archives of Uprising history discussions to add memories and
events that have already been compiled.

The list that I have already put together also lists the Baronage of OTE,
Crown of Atenveldt, Coronet of Artemisia, and/or Crown of Artemisia (all
depending on time) that were on the respective thrones at the time.  But, I
don't *know* if those people actually *attended* Uprising or not.  Well, ok,
the Baronage of OTE attended all of them ... and I'm *pretty* sure that the
Coronet/Crown of Artemisia has been at all of them that I was at, but it
would be nice to mark the Royalty actually in attendance.

And, I may want to add in a section for each year of 'Visiting Royalty'.  I
know that the King of the West, and Outlands, Crown Princess of the East,
and others have attended at various times.  So, any of those things the
people remember, feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Don "I gotta learn to keep my mouth shut" mac Michil