[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 51, Issue 28

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Jan 2 10:34:25 CST 2008

For getting rid of bugs the stronger the mint the better so I would go with
peppermint.  It can be either fresh or dried though the dried is much  easier
to transport and doesn't tend to stick to the bottom of shoes etc.

For mosquitos, you want some fresh marigolds bout the camp and/or on your
person.  When I used to camp I would bring along a couple of potted  marigolds
and that was usually enough.  They were rather cheap to buy at  the store and I
just tossed them when the event was  finished.     I hear the Country Rhodes
is considering  selling marigolds that could be worn about the wrist or
otherwise on your  person.  You might want to check with them.

There are several stores where you can buy fresh and/or dried herbs.   Check
the scent before you buy - the stronger the scent the fresher the  herb.  Buy
as fresh as possible.

In the SLC Valley, I go to "Good Earth" as they seem to have there  freshest.
  In Utah Valley, though it has been many years, there was a  farmers market
type store at the far north end of Orem that had wonderful  herbs.

Online, I always order my dried herbs and essential oils from msherbals.com
and herbs for planting from lingles.com.   Both of these companies are  places
with whom I have worked for years.  They have good products at  reasonable
prices and will treat you well.

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia

In a message dated 1/2/2008 9:16:55 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,