[Artemisia] Beowulf reading demo in Gryphon's Lair

richard mccarter thorvaldbadaxe at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 10 14:04:45 CST 2008

Greetings,

Just a reminder that Weber State is doing a reading of Beowulf tonight starting
at 6:00 and ending at 6:30. This is at the Ogden Amphitheater located on 25th ST.
right below Washington blvd. We have been asked to provide heavy fighters
to add to there performance tonight. This is held out doors so if you are planning
to make it out tonight you will want to dress warm. This will not be the tipical demo
but it did sound like FUN to be a part of. I will be on site at 5:30 for any one able to
make it. Please see message below for more details

Please call if you have any questions
(801-726-0155)

We will be heading up the street to our indoor fighter practice site directly after the
reading if any one cares to join us there. 880 e. 28th st.

Thorvald

Thank you, sir, for your kind message.  This event that we are inviting you to is our opening event for 4 months of events focused on Beowulf.  All events are open to the public.
Our opening event is a reading of the fight with Grendel, about 20 minutes worth, on  the evening of January 10th at the Ogden Amphitheater, 25th and Washington.  Because we want families and because it will be outside, we want to keep our program short.
We would love to have 6-8 of your warriors, in armor and weaponed, and fighting, it that is your preference, to put people in the spirit and the time period of Beowulf.  We know that Beowulf did fight Grendel bare-handed , because of his sense of honor, but he did use a sword against Grendel's motherand the dragpn.
We would like this to begin at 6:00 pm and continue to 6:30, when we will move to the seats and hear the reading.
We would love for any and all of your members, from far and wide, attend, in costume if they would like.  We hope this will be a magnificent start to our Weber Reads Beowulf spring.
We are so glad that you would like to participate.  I first talked about this with members of CSA at the First Presbyterian Church in October.  I look forward to seeing you in January.
Margaret Rostkowski
392-8958