[Artemisia] Re Uprising site : "chapel"

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Mon Jan 28 19:09:08 CST 2008

> How about instead of religious iconography, a plain "altar" covered with a
> nice cloth and equipped with a padded kneeling bench, and the book of
> which  has been spoken on top of it?  I think something like that would
> invite  reverence without evoking anyone's particular religion.
>
> Obrigada,
> Lianor

I was thinking the same thing: a plain altar {or high table}, candles, cloth
covering.  Then other icons may be presented as needed/wanted.  Those of you
who are in the know:  remember the "chapel" at Scout camp?  ulitarian,  and
yet, sacred.

Another thing to consider HL Morgan, is the building would belong to the
property owner, not the SCA.  We may have a vested interest in it's
development and upkeep, but it wouldn't be "ours."

Caointairn