[Artemisia] FW: Uprising site idea: memorial/vigil "chapel"

earlalan at srv.net earlalan at srv.net
Tue Jan 29 02:56:24 CST 2008

Greetings All,

Thanks for all the great ideas that have come out in this
discussion.  A short note on what we're considering on this.
 Where the fire pit is now can be irrigated after moving
alot of material.  By lowering that ground level to where it
can be watered, we can put in urbanite retaining walls that
will give a nice effect.  I'm considering a roughly circular
area about 150 feet across.  Envision a 6 foot minimum stone
looking wall, with the interior grass and some trees
(eventually).

Perhaps the chapel/memorial hall could be placed in this
area.  As far as the hall goes, we're looking at about 25
feet by 20 feet.  I'd like to have the south facing end be a
half circle, with 3 lancet windows that would have stained
glass in them.  The side walls would have benches at the
edges and the center clear for whatever purpose we decide...

The walls could be plastered and painted, or plastered and
wainscote, both medieval styles.  We talked about small
plaques with our lost comrades arms, or painted tiles or
some such.

Thanks to everyone who has pitched in here.  I wanted to let
you know some of what Corisande and I have gleaned from the
conversation, and what we're considering at this point.

YIS,  Alan