[Artemisia] !! Change in Estrella War XXV Principal Kingdoms

Anita Challis anitachallis at cox.net
Wed Jul 16 11:11:55 CDT 2008

CHANGE IN ESTRELLA WAR XXV PRINCIPAL KINGDOMS

TRM Phelan and Amirah, King and Queen of Atenveldt, announced today that TRM
Reinmar and Albreda, King and Queen of Artemisia, have notified Them that
the Kingdom of Artemisia will withdraw as a Principal Kingdom for Estrella
War XXV (Feb 9-16, 2009).  In several cordial phone and email
communications, TRM of Artemisia explained that Their decision is based on
Artemisia's concerns that rising costs and the state of the local economy
have made it increasingly difficult for Artemisia to perform the tasks
expected of a Principal Kingdom in good standing.

TRM Reinmar and Albreda continued by saying "We are forever grateful to
Atenveldt for their continued trust and support, and by the deep Honor they
have bestowed upon Us in the past.  So too are we forever Grateful to the
Kingdoms of the Caid and the Outlands for standing beside us on the field of
war as allies and brothers in arms. In this time, strong bonds of friendship
and fraternity have grown.  So strong that not even the heavy sword of war
could sever them." TRM of Artemisia continued by stating, "We hope for the
best in the upcoming War, and know all that We will attend Estrella War. Not
as a Principal, but hopefully as an allied Kingdom, and brother in arms to
all."

TRM Phelan and Amirah asked that this following message be delivered to the
Populace of the Kingdom of Artemisia:  "We have a deep respect for the
Kingdom of Artemisia, and the bonds of friendship your presence brings to
the war every year. As an Estrella War Principal Kingdom for over 10 years,
Your Kingdom has made countless contributions to the ongoing success of
Estrella War. Know that the Populace of Artemisia are forever welcome on the
fields of Estrella War as valued allies or respected adversaries, for the
bonds between Our Kingdoms extend back many years."

Dame Anita de Challis, OP

(Anita Challis)

SCA Internal Publicity for Estrella War XXV

anitachallis at cox.net

Estrella War XXV

25 years of Celebrating the Dream

February 9-16 2009