[Artemisia] Uprising Rose & Butterfly Tourney

Mike Bradley connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 12:14:03 CDT 2008

Unto the rapier fighters, Ladies of the Rose, and Ladies of the
Papillion of Artemisia

as well,

Unto the visiting rapier fighters, Ladies of the Rose, and Ladies of
the ... (Viscountesses*) coming to Uprising in the Glorious Lands of
One Thousand Eyes in the Superb and Wonderful Sovereign Lands of
Artemisia

Does HL Conchobhar mac Michil**, by the Grace of Their Gryphon
Majesties of Artemisia, Defender of the White Scarf, send most humble
and heartfelt Greetings and Salutations,

This year, at the 21st anniversary of the revolt of the Northern
Atenveldt shires (for the less than mathematically inclined, Uprising
XXII), I Don Conchobhar will once again be running and sponsoring the
Rose and Butterfly Tournament in the manner I first proposed. To wit:
Those fighters wishing to enter must have a sponsor. Said sponsor must
be a member of the Order of the Rose (i.e., a Countess or Duchess) or
a Lady of the Papillion* (Viscountess). Those Ladies eligible to
sponsor fighters may sponsor one fighter for each reign that they did
serve.(For example, HG Renee could sponsor three fighters, twice Queen
of Artemisia and once Princess of Artemisia.) The first year I ran
this tourney it was a requirement it was a requirement that the
sponsor write a letter for their fighters; this requirement is waived
for sponsors that will be on site during the event to inform me of
their intent to sponsor a fighter; a letter of some sort (whether
written and brought along by the fighter or a quick e-mail to myself)
is required if the sponsor will not be present, especially if the
sponsor is not a Lady of the Rose or Papillion* from Artemisia.

The tournament will be held on Saturday at Uprising semi-concurrently
with the other tournaments. It will start at about noon when the first
parts of the other tourneys should be completed. The format of the
tournament (round-robin, double elimination, etc.) will be determined
by the number of entrants. As host of the tournament, I will also be
providing a prize to the sponsoring Lady and fighter who is victorious
on the field.***

So, as of right now, the list for the Rose and Butterfly Tournament is
open. My challenge to you all is to have as many of the Ladies whose
honor we have taken onto the field as Queens and Princesses
represented in the tournament. I look forward to seeing you all at
Uprising.

Don Conchobhar, DWS Artemisia

*Throughout, Lady of the Papillion should be read to include "and all
other similar Principality Orders for former Princesses".

**Don Conchobhar is currently researching northern Italian names.
Thus, the name of the guy hosting the tournament is subject to change
without notice.

***No, I have no clue what the prizes will be right now, and probably
wouldn't say even if I did.