[Artemisia] Uprising Ball

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 19:37:19 CDT 2008

I'm sorry to hear no one else has volunteered.  It is indeed very close to the event.  I'm not a dance Laurel, I've got a Golden Maple Leaf but in Middle Eastern Dance.  I'm willing to help this year, if you wouldn't concider it stepping on toes, or next year if no one else steps up.  I do have "Popular Dances of the Renaissance" on CD with a booklet by Judith Kennedy.  It has two versions of each song; one with the steps being narrated and one without.  I can bring it to Uprising if you'd like to borrow it for the ball.  It includes: Bransle Double, Bransle Simple, Pease Bransle, Washerwomen's Bransle, Bransle de Village, Pavan, Galliard, Allemand (to Now is the Month of Maying), and Black Almain.

Some other good online sources are:http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance/The_Cheat_Sheets.htmlhttp://ieee.uwaterloo.ca/praetzel/mp3-cd/

Esther