No subject

Wed Jun 25 10:40:14 CDT 2008

Here is a full feast list (with ingredients)=C2=A0for Feast of St. Esebel.
=C2=A0
PLEASE contact me off list (ladysyeira at yahoo.com) if you are eating Kosher =
or have any other dietary requirements so I know I have a good count.=C2=A0

In Service,
Lady Syeira
Event Steward Feast of St. Esebel/Baronial Investiture
Barony of Arn Hold
Kingdom of Artemisia

Feast of St. Esebell
=C2=A0
Course 1: Miracle of the Never-Closing Troll
=C2=A0
Meatball Medallions =E2=80=93 adapted from =E2=80=9CSawge yfarcet=E2=80=9D
turkey (or pork), onion, celery, rice flour, eggs, black pepper, white pepp=
er, ginger, sage, sage leaves (or parsley leaves), pan-fried in canola oil

Mixed Salad =E2=80=93 or fresh =E2=80=9CSalat=E2=80=9D
mixed greens and lettuce, carrot, red onion, green onion, red cabbage, toss=
ed with vinaigrette (olive oil, raspberry vinegar, pomegranate juice, salt,=
 black pepper, minced sage, savory, rosemary, garlic),
on the side: sliced almonds, grated cheese
=C2=A0
Onion Soup =E2=80=93 adapted from =E2=80=9CSowpys Dorry=E2=80=9D
vegetarian version: onions, almond milk, white wine, bay leaf, salt
(or for nut-free version: onions, butter, beef stock, red wine, black peppe=
r, ginger, allspice, salt)
=C2=A0
served with french bread slices toasted, or flatbread crackers:=20
Cracked Black Pepper =E2=80=93 Cocoa =E2=80=9CCoin=E2=80=9D Crackers
rolled oats, wheat flour, flax meal, sugar, baking powder, butter, black pe=
pper, allspice, grated 100% cocoa baking chocolate
=C2=A0
Course 2: Miracle of the Bag of Everything
=C2=A0
Beggar=E2=80=99s Bundles =E2=80=93 adapted from =E2=80=9CPies of Parys=E2=
=80=9D
Beef pies: beef, currants, dates, red wine, beef broth, black pepper, clove=
s, ginger, pomegranate paste, salt, parsnip, turnip
Pork pies: pork, apricot, white wine, chicken broth, honey, garlic, ginger,=
 salt, carrot, parsnip
Crust: wheat flour, butter, water, egg, salt (beet juice or saffron for col=
or)
=C2=A0
Roast Vegetables =E2=80=93 or =E2=80=9CWyrtes Y-Rosted=E2=80=9D
Parsnip, Carrot, Leek, Fennel, olive oil, rosemary, savory, sage, parsley, =
time, salt
=C2=A0
=E2=80=9CMole=E2=80=9D Sauce =E2=80=93 Beef broth, onion, allspice, ginger,=
 black pepper, salt, grated 100% cocoa baking chocolate
=C2=A0
Course 3: Miracle of the Taming of Count Sir Morgan
=C2=A0
Sweet Dark Heart Cakes =E2=80=93 adapted from =E2=80=9CChireseye=E2=80=9D
Dark pie cherries, lemon juice, french bread, sugar, red wine, cocoa, butte=
=C2=A0
Red and White Sauces - Red: Raspberry preserves, lemon juice, water, sugar,=
 White: white chocolate, milk

(And grapes etc. to put out on the tables)

IS,

eower =C3=9E=C3=ADnen
Ivegard