[Artemisia] A Question for the Vikings

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Tue Mar 11 13:39:12 CDT 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lady Flora" <lady_flora at msn.com>

> Living out in the country, I have access to bushels and bushels of wild
> rose
> hips.  When in bloom, these wild roses are the typical five-petaled pink
> rose.
(snip)
> Lady Flora of Heronton

Allow me to tell a story about rose hips.......Once upon a time,a friend and
I lived in Whitefish, MT.  We decided to gather rose hips & dry them for use
later.  After acquiring a multitude of the said hips, we spread them out on
cookie sheets & put them in the oven to start drying out (gas oven, heat
from pilot light).  We took our rest that evening, concerned for nothing a
but a good night's sleep.

Upon rising in the morning, what should greet us in our most humble mobile
abode but a complete, utter and massive ladybug infestation!  Apparently,
they were in the rose hips.......

Morgan