[Artemisia] Who's Your "King"

kyria thalia kyria.thalia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 16:13:15 CST 2008

(Jumping into this rather late, I'm afraid, but I had to do some research on
it first.)

I, Grainne Dhonn recognize two ruiri besides the ri tuaithe of my own
settlement, my sister's husband.  This year 492 Anno Domini as the churchmen
have it, Aurchath mac Murchada of the Uí Briúin Seola is ri tuatha of
Iarthair (west) Connacht and ri ruirech, king over kings, is Tadhg na t-Tri
t-Tor son of stern Cathal Ua Conchobar.  I will see six ri ruirech in my
life.

Though I have not much to do with the church politics, the ard easbog over
them all is, I think, called John, the tenth of that name.