[Artemisia] Court Reporting was The OP Updating was The Gryphon's Pride

rayzentz at aim.com rayzentz at aim.com
Thu Apr 9 11:20:24 CDT 2009

I have been following this discussion with avid interest, because I am finding that, at least at this moment, it applies to me. I was, and am, greatly honored to be asked to be THM Michael and Sati's Vox for their reign, May It Last Forever. However, I was unaware of the other responsibilities that go with it. Might I suggest a "manual" of some sort, detailing all the responsibilities and obligations that go with the office, so that another newbie, such as myself, has the guidelines available.

There have been many wonderful people who have been extremely helpful to me, as I have been "learning the ropes" as Royal Herald. However, there have been occasions when advice offered by one has been in opposition to advice offered by another. Oh, excuse me for a moment...

"What's that you say, Padruig? A manual?" the little voice said.
"Why yes, little voice, a manual. You should write one", replied Padruig.
"Well, I can't", replied little voice. "I am just a figment of your extremely disturbed imagination. I don't really exist. You will have to do it. I will help you, though. That might be fun. Between us, we could come up with some VERY creative stuff."
"You are right, little voice. I have been a little bored recently..."

"No!!!? No!!" Dame Ellisif interupts the conversation between Padruig and his little voice. "You are not bored!? Bad bard! Sit! Stay!"
She announces to all who are present, "Do not let Padruig do this, at least by himself. A manual is a good idea, but do not let Padruig put in stuff without approval by those who have been Vox before. The Kingdom would never be the same...!"?