[Artemisia] Competition

Catriona Morganosa catriona_a_morganosa at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:32:32 CDT 2009

Yeah, that year, *I* presented two Elizabethan gowns of cut cotton velvet,
one me sized and one for Misha, who was a toddler. They two gowns matched,
but were not identical, and hers laced up the back in a period fashion as
demonstrated by the portrait of a little princess her age. I documented cut
velvet and the presence of cotton as a period fabric. Since then, I have
documented Cotton as period fabric FOR CLOTHING, which was the only
controversy.

If I had to, which it's too late now to do so, I could enter Kingdom A and S
and go for Champion if required by my Laurel, although I can assure you, I
would not win! But I do my documentation before or during the item creation
process because I usually teach a class on the thing at some point. So, were
I to enter THIS year, I'd be entering:

The Artemisia curiosity map in the style of Bunting, complete with the
holding of Starkhafen as part of Artemisia, as per the request of Her Grace
Albreda. This is designed to be the ancient documentation of Artemisia's
claim to that land.

The spider long coat, which is a fitted gown in the style of the French with
Hungarian decorations and styling which is appropriate for 1576 in that
Henry 3 of France was King of Poland before Chuck died and when he returned
to France afterwards, he spent quite a while getting home because he took a
leisurely detour through Hungary, undoubtedly to hang out with that Horrible
Catriona Woman (tm).

My third entry would be the documentation for my Hungarian late period
persona class in the non-fiction writing category. Vlad Tepes was an
interesting guy, folks! And one of his descendants was Elizabeth Bathory,
who was actually a really freaky lady.

For my other two entries, I would produce the Hungarian pants Eardric's worn
once or twice and the shaubs I've done of late to round out my total minimum
number of entries. Yes, I have documentation for all of them.

Next year, I'd add the fixative I made years ago from cow hooves, which
wasn't good because it made the paper I used it on smell like boiled cow
hoof. I'll also include the paper I made which then smelled like boiled cow
hoof.

So I COULD enter at any time. I've just never felt my stuff was good enough
to enter a Kingdom A and S. I just have always been prepared in case my
Laurel, and now it seems, my DON, insisted I do it for practice.

Tanglprepped

Stâpanâ Catriona Morganosa, OP

Sheldon, holding a laptop: "Tell me what you see here."
Leonard, still sleepy: "The blunt instrument that will be the focus for my
murder trial?"