[Artemisia] Aug 16 - Barter War 2009

Gene Mealey rapierfighter at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 26 17:38:30 CDT 2009

Greetings All!

We noticed that not much seemed to be happening the weekend of August 16, so we're putting on a little practice/demo/picnic event on Sunday called Barter War 2009 in the beautiful forests of the Barony of Sentinels' Keep (in town in Bonner Park).  We hope you can come and have a wonderful time, the writeup is below for your use.

Antoine

Barter War 2009 ~ Barony of Sentinels’
Keep

Greetings All!
August 16 the Barony will host a free
picnic event called Barter War 2009.
I’m sure many of you, like me, have
many interests in the SCA.  Often we buy materials for our interests
with the full intent of completing that project, but as the months
and years go by it just never seems to happen.  Then there’s old
clothing that no longer fits (either girth or persona), that hat you
bought that later you wondered “just what WAS I thinking?!?”, and
that sword you upgraded to the newer (older?) model and is just
sitting gather dust & rust.

What to do?  It’s taking up ALL that
room and nothing to show for it!  What should you do?
Come to Barter War 2009, that’s what!
Bring that fabric you never used, those
dozen pouches that never sold, that old garb and those slowly rusting
blades.  Bring your services, old camp equipment, and that
“decorative bottle” that’s been hiding in your closet.  If it’s
even vaguely useable in the SCA bring it to Barter War and trade it
for stuff you will use!  You never know what you might find!

Barter War is going to be a small local
event/demo/practice held on Sunday August 16 at Bonner Park in
Missoula, MT.  We are planning on setting up by noon and running
until around 4.  Please dress in period clothing as this will be a
good time to demo as well.  Who knows, if you wear your best and show
off your clothing skills perhaps someone will trade you a lot of silk
for a shirt?  You never know what you might find!  It being a public
venue, you might even end up “trading” for coin of the modern
realm.
We will also be having fighter practice
for those who attend.  I’ll bring my grill, and perhaps a few
others will as well, so byob (beef) and maybe something to share
(think potluck) and we’ll all have a picnic and a grand time.
If you have questions, please feel free
to email us at rapierfighter at hotmail.com
or call us at 880-8611.
Directions:
Bonner Park is located in Missoula.  If
coming in on I90, take the Van Buren exit and turn south.  At the
light, take a right and follow Broadway until you get to Higgins Ave,
then take a left.  Follow Higgins until you see University (just
before the road construction, it it's still going on) take a left
onto University then a right on Ronald.  The park is a few blocks
down, we'll likely be on the south east corner of the park.   I’ll
have my cell phone on, so call if you need to!
Hope to see you (and your stuff) there!
Antoine & Gabrielle

Antoine de Bueil

"The greatest way to live with honor in this world is to be what we pretend to be."

Socrates