[Artemisia] service animals - was pets at events

Jason Mohler darkside at bresnan.net
Thu Jul 30 22:57:50 CDT 2009

That's where we get into murky water.  If we view our members as employees,
then we can require prescriptions and the whole nine yards - of our members.
Non-members would fall under the category of customers, meaning we can't do
more than ask if they're service animals. And courts tend to side in favor
of the ADA, so any attempts to add extra requirements could easily be seen
as discrimination.