[Artemisia] service animals - was pets at events

Kim Rule kimrule at cableone.net
Thu Jul 30 23:35:06 CDT 2009

That's where we get into murky water.  If we view our members as employees,
then we can require prescriptions and the whole nine yards - of our members.
Non-members would fall under the category of customers, meaning we can't do
more than ask if they're service animals. And courts tend to side in favor
of the ADA, so any attempts to add extra requirements could easily be seen
as discrimination.

Gebeider Matheus de Petyn
Rapier Marshal, Casteleone Nuevo
http://ancientartemisian.blogspot.com/

Does that fit?  How can members be considered employees if WE pay the
society to play?

Lady Una