[Artemisia] Fwd: Known World Poetry Challenge at Pennsic 38

Jeanne P / Casamira jeannecas at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:16:48 CDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: sca_bard at yahoo.com <sca_bard at yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:55 PM
Subject: Known World Poetry Challenge at Pennsic 38
To: jeannecas at gmail.com

To the noble Ministers of Arts and Sciences of the Known World, greetings
from Lady Teleri the Well-Prepared, Poeta Atlantiae.

Atlantia will again sponsor the Known World Poetry Challenge at Pennsic 38.
 To make it truly worthy of the name, I humbly beg your assistance.  I have
attached an announcement suitable for your kingdom's general or A&S mailing
list, whichever you feel is appropriate.  If you would see fit to copy it
over into a new missive and send it on its way, I would be indebted.

In service,
- Teleri

Herewith follows the announcement:

******************

Greetings, poets and wordsmiths of the Known World! Soon, your kingdom will
wake to war. In those brief moments after waking, when you rub the sleep
from your eyes and may yet confuse the walking world and dream - stop!
Recall that dream! What was it about, again? Might it have been a message, a
vision, a lesson that you should share with others?

If it was, write it out and bring it to the Pennsic War! Poeta Atlantiae is
again sponsoring the Known World Poetry Challenge, and the theme will be
"dream visions." Yes, there is an entire body of medieval dream poems out
there. Far from being recollections of the disjointed fantasies of sleep,
they were written as visions of truth, coming from spirits or the heavens,
to console or to warn those on the mortal plane. What lessons have your
tutelary spirits given you to share?

Stop by the Poeta website (http://poeta. atlantia. sca.org/FAQ. html) or
email me (poeta at atlantia. sca.org) for information on submissions, judging
guidelines, and the when and where of what will be happening at Pennsic!
Please also contact me if you would like to volunteer as a judge.

I would also like to thank the talented and beautiful Lady Ambra Michelli,
who has generously agreed to act as my deputy on-site at Pennsic War to
coordinate this challenge.

Atlantia looks forward to hearing the collected dream-wisdom of the Known
World!

In service,
- Lady Teleri the Well-Prepared, Poeta Atlantiae

--
Jeanne Panlener / Baroness Casamira Jawjalny, O.L., O.P.
Artemisian Minister of Arts & Sciences