[Artemisia] Pre-Crown Notes #1

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Mon Mar 30 14:12:13 CDT 2009

Greeting to Those Who Will be Traveling to Crown Tourney,

I thought that I'd give a few updates and a couple of suggestions.

Weather.  The last forecast for Saturday is about 50 degrees and partly cloudy.  There will be some rain/snow during this week.  Yesterday we got hit pretty good w/snow and the roads were REALLY slick, but it's all thawed now.

Shade.  You may want to bring some shade to watch the tourney.  There is no shade out where the fighting will be.

Banners.  There is ample room in the hall for banners, and we encourage all to bring banners for the List area as well.  Let's make it look good!

A Lady asked about alcohol and dogs.  Here was my reply:  "The site is discretely wet, with much emphasis on the discretion part.
Dogs on leashes will be ok, but not allowed in the hall.  Any solid
uh,...deposits they leave behind must be cleaned up immediately so
that others don't discover these deposits to their very great
displeasure."

Seating/chairs.  There are a limited number of chairs in the hall, so you may want to bring your own chairs, both to enjoy court and the tourney.

Money saving tip.  The road in from I-15 into the site is fairly heavily monitored by the boys in blue.  50 mph really means 50 mph in this part of the country.  40 mph REALLY means 40 mph.  Speeding tickets are only $75 in Idaho...but why waste that money?  If you want to give away $75, I'd suggest you slow down, then donate that money to the Kingdom Travel Fund.

Food.  The Barony of 1000 Eyes will have a fund raiser lunch available.  All profits from this will go to the Kingdom.  There are numerous eating places available fairly nearby for the dinner break.

If you have any questions, ask away.  If I think of any other final details, I'll put out another note.

Travel safe,  Alan
Even Steward