[Artemisia] Dancing Guild

Stapana Catriona Moriarity catriona_a_morganosa at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 26 00:04:37 CST 2009

As much as I'd like to attend Solstice, I know I can't.  I'm so sorry
Elizabeth and Aaron. I'll be looking for the pictures!

However Arn Hold is having a Masked Ball here January 30th. It's a perfect
opportunity for us to be in our natural environment! Lord Eadric has the
dance list and we can chat during the buffet. It would be a great way to
show off our stuff. Because it's so close to Estrella, it is VERY
inexpensive ($5 for members) and if you're like me and my friends, you get a
nasty case of pre-event hype right before the War and having an outlet to
get your SCA on that doesn't cripple you financially? VERY nice.

As for what dancing were we talking about, honestly, Ashe'el, I would like
to think "dancers in Artemisia". You qualify. I would not want to
discriminate against Middle Eastern because this will give you guys a touch
point as well to share info and tips. I just thought there was already a
Middle Eastern Dance group here. We had that stint for nearly a decade where
EVERYONE had a Middle Eastern persona, or at least an outfit and I remember
there being a discussion group. Is that still around?

I know Nicolo is still around and comes to stuff quite frequently. However,
I think he lives in Caid? Nic, is that right? And he is a very strong source
for period dances. After all, he got his Laurel for being focused upon
dance. I'm not sure what other dance Laurels we have around here. Hopefully,
one of them will speak up! And now that he's been invoked, I'm sure he will
arise. ;)

Tanglinvoker