[Artemisia] Sorry, this is a gripe and complaint

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 22:08:56 CDT 2009

Mistress Jerilyn and others agreeing with her,

Yes it is difficult to know what someone has award-wise without asking them flat-out, but IMHO it isn't the recommending persons job to know what awards a person has, "your" only job is to send in the recommendation. It is the Crown/Coronets' staff's job to do that checking, at the command of the Crown/Coronet.  I accept, as part of my job as Vox Brinus, that Their Excellencies will say "We want to give Bubba a White Duck, check and see if he has one already".  Indeed, we've already done that, multiple times.

Really, what's the worst that can happen, someone gets a second Golden Pillar?  Everyone reading this, please just send in your recommendations, let those of us serving as Retinue do our jobs.

As for the reporting, I consider (and teach) that it is the Vox Herald's duty to report to the Kingdom Herald and the appropriate Chronicler what awards were given to who in the Court they served in.  What happens with the information *after* we report it is, unfortunately, out of our control.

Morgan

Baron Morgan Blaidd Du,
GHA(2), CQC, PCA, CCH;

Protege and Ghillie to Baron Master James Ulrich MacKellar, OL OP;
and Baroness Mistress Rachel Ashton, OP