[Artemisia] news on the bloomery at Uprising

Cat Clark drchelm at rocks4brains.com
Wed Apr 28 23:34:09 CDT 2010

Okay, I was working on a totally different email for the Aerie this
evening about the bloomery at Uprising but it will have to wait for
tomorrow.

I just got off the phone and I'm very excited. I've been working on
getting a friend of mine out to Uprising to do bloomery stuff there
with us for a couple of years now

She just nailed the committment on the phone just now.  We are getting
the gal who taught me my bloomery stuff from the Pennsic Bloomery
Group, which is where I originally got into the bloomery business.
This is the gal who was the co-founder of the Pennsic Bloomery Group
and was the person who ran (and most years still runs) that project
for more than a decade (since `1993, if I'm not mistaken).

She's HL Ariadne Flaxenhair and she is the single most experienced
bloomery builder and iron furnace master in the SCA; and she's coming
to help do the bloomery at Uprising this year.

catch y'all tomorrow with more bloomery news and info
ttfn
The Happy Boingy Therasia
coming to a bloomery at a neighborhood Uprising event near you soon

yipee!