[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 87, Issue 19

Jeanine Schlauch jeanines at cableone.net
Tue Dec 14 09:48:27 CST 2010

I know we tried to get pictures, I'll check with Etienne later.  (lots
of places wouldn't allow pictures)  ;(

But - there were a number of steel madus in the German castle that
were sitting there plain as day, with all the other 'chivalric'
weapons.  Not to mention the ones in the Paris War Museum.

Etienne has done quite a bit of research on these neat little toys,
you guys might want to chat.

Morgan

> ------------------------------
Really?  That's interesting, as I've never seen any cases of things
resembling madu's.  The term is found in one book (I'm not home right
now and don't have it in front of me), that describes a couple of
antlers and a shell for the handguard.  It also goes further to
describe the implement as a "hindu beggar's weapon".  How nice.  How
chivalric.

Did you happen to get any pictures?  Do you recall any description of
how this thing was used?

Just curious...

In any event, it sounds like the SCA Earl Marshall has determined to
exterminate them, at least as far as the present proposed rules go.

Alan