[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 87, Issue 19

L.J. Richards richardslj at bresnan.net
Tue Dec 14 10:45:46 CST 2010

Check and see if this German museum/castle has a website, look for the name
of the chief curator or curator of 'armour' (or appropriate name) and ask if
you can get pictures and/or any information regarding madus and what would
be the cost.  Explain that you are doing research on this particular type of
weapons....Explain that you are doing research on this particular type of
weapons....  If there is no charge, it's still nice to make a donation.

Can a local SCA person check with the museum re taking photos and gathering
whatever info they have on these particular pieces.  Usually you can take
photos of armour under certain circumstances (one depends on how much
leather and surrounding materials are light sensitive).

Dame Bronwen of I.