[Artemisia] Tournament Brackets

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 26 17:12:20 CDT 2010

I need tournament brackets for double elimination cribbage tournaments.  When I googled it it came up with 65,000+ hits.  I asked to see if anyone knew which of those 65,000+ hits might actually lead to a downloadable bracket builder that I can use as a stand-alone on my laptop.

It is an SCA related question in that if there IS such a beastie, then we might also be able to use it for SCA double elimination tournaments.  Right now I am using copies of the printed brackets that I got from a book I purchased in my tour as list minister  mumblemurfle years ago before the laptop computer existed.

Partially the reason for asking for a computer version that would randomly arrange the pairing.  Believe it or not, I have had grown men whine like children when they get paired with an opponent they feel to be above their skill level in the first round, and quite frankly I am sick to sorrowing of having to justify and re-justify the randomness of the pairing.  I've tried numbered beans, I've tried numbered tongue depressors, I've tried bingo balls and STILL they call the question of FIXED pairing.  Figured they are less likely to argue with an inanimate object to randomly assign pairings.

Never thought about the pairings in an SCA tournament.  We usually just had the fighters draw lots and that as the end of it, and nobody questioned the pairing or accused me of trying to 'fix' the first round.  Of course the cribbage tournament has a cash prize in the balance so I don't know how much of that directly relates to the whining.

Cheers

Malkin

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh!
Diolch yn fawr