[Artemisia] A New Discussion - SCA Skills in a Modern Plague

Suzanne Semich magpie at wyoming.com
Thu Sep 23 10:40:23 CDT 2010

In one of my books and herbal info I found where "One cup of String bean tea
is equal to at least one unit of insulin"
Now you just have to figure out how to make stringbean tea and you may have
a chance.
The book also says that if you mix peeled Pumpkin seeds,  Fragrant valerian
root and bilberry leaves in equal parts and steep 1 tbsp in 1 cup boiling
water and drink one cup in the course of a day unsweetened it can help to
improve sugar tolerance.
    Another recipe it gives is to mix bilberry leaves in equal parts with 1
or 2 of the following : Bean pods, nettle, milfoil, European centaury,
Dancelion or Blackberry leaves.  Parboil 1 tbsp in 1/2 cup water for 10 min.
Drink 1 to 1 1/2 cups a day unsweetened but not with in an hour of meals
before or after.

I have no idea how or if they work but if your looking at death it may be
worth a try.
Annabella