[Artemisia] Fwd: Midge Marsh Melee Event Anouncement

azirlt at aol.com azirlt at aol.com
Wed Aug 10 12:48:55 CDT 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: azirlt <azirlt at aol.com>
To: gryphonslairbarony <gryphonslairbarony at yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Aug 10, 2011 11:48 am
Subject: Midge Marsh Melee Event Anouncement

Let me tell ya a story about a man named Jed---***----\Oops?
Wrong  story!!! Sorry
Let me tell you a story about a Quest gone wrong Yes, Yes this is the one!!!
Now in the merry month of May the King did travel to the southern lands of his kingdom to rally troops for a Great Crusade that he was planning to retake the Holy Lands back from the evil infidels. Now in the South Land’s they had seen more rain come down in a month then they had seen in decade and the lands were flooding everywhere. Yet the King has undeterred and put out the call for the good fighting men to rally to his banner. And they came!  But they could not decide who should lead the Kings Army on this Holy Quest, The French or the English? So one of his loyal Barons subjected to the King to hold a tournament to name a Champion and He would then be the commander of the army.
The King said what great fun, arrange it! And so the fighting began until one remained on the field. To the dismay of the French and the English a crazy Spanish Moor had won. They would not follow this crazy man in to battle he’s a Moor! and so they ran the tournament again in which the King won himself.
This left the day still with no commander for army and so the King told them that on the morrow there would be more fighting to name this commander.
Mother Nature had other plans!
At sunset in began to rain and rain hard. And sometime after the midnight hour watch the rain changed to wet slushy snow. Tents began to fall everywhere in camp bring most of the camp down to the ground.
Thus ended the First Great Crusade without even getting out of the Kingdom!
Now the King is yet determined and has traveled east to the Holy Lands and has left his Young Prince to Rally the troop here at home and join him in the holy lands at a later date.
Come one come all to Midge Marsh Melee!
Friday August 12,2011 thru the 14th
Gate opens at 2:00pm on Friday and closes at 1:00pm on Sunday
Come to the banner of our good and Noble Prince to join his father on this The Second Quest for the Holy Lands. Or Not, we will let him decide to go or not.
      Site:
Mount Ogden Archery Range – Stoddard UT
Approximately 1257 West Old Highway Rd in Morgan UT - Take your best route to I-84,UT Exit I-84 at exit 96 (Peterson/Stoddard). Follow the signs toward Stoddard - From the West, turn left, and then at the 'T', turn right. About a mile down the road you will see the range on your right. Turn right at the MOA gate. There will be signs.
This will be one of the best Archery Shoots in the Kingdom. It features 7 to 8 animal targets is a scenic walk thru the woods Range, don’t miss it! If you love to fight we will be fighting Heavy and Rapier in these same woods after the archers are done of course, and small village town will be setup for Town Battles. There will be lots Youth Activities including Youth combat Melee, so kids bring your gear.
The Barony of Gryphon’s Lair will be holding their first Meet and Greet for the hopeful candidate heirs to the Baronial thrones. And our dear Baroness will be holding a Ball so come dance!
For more details contact This Crazy Spanish Moor
Your Friendly Event Steward:
Maestro Azir de Lucera
801-920-7213
Azirlt at aol.com