[Artemisia] Archery at Midge Marsh

Rich & Florence Evans rcfaevans at comcast.net
Wed Aug 10 13:26:23 CDT 2011

Archers of the Realm:

This weekend, at Midge Marsh, there will be an archery tournament of great challenge, fun, and interest. This tournament is a forest shoot, consisting of a wide assortment of life-size 3-D animal targets at varying ranges. It is quite unique in our Kingdom and rare in the Knowne World. I encourage all to come and experience what will be a most memorable time.

A few details on the conduct of the shoot:

    1. I intend to open the tournament at 8 AM on Saturday. The tournament will close at 12 noon.
    2. This is an 'Open' shoot. You may come at any time the tournament is open to begin the shoot
    3. I will assemble Hunting Parties of 3 to 5 archers, including one Marshal, at the start of the range. Once a Hunting Party is assembled and ready, they may begin
    4. A group of archers may assemble their own Hunting Party and report to me. In this way, a group of companions may shoot together.
    5. Once an archer begins with a Hunting Party, they must complete the range with that Hunting Party in order for their score to count. There will be no shifting of members of the Hunting Party. (This is necessary to ensure good pacing and separation of the Parties.)
    6. There will be absolutely no practice shooting once the Hunting Party begins the hunt. Each arrow counts for score. If possible, I will try to have a 'warm-up' target, but I cannot guarantee it.
    7. Each archer will be required to have 6 arrows minimum. No archers may share the same arrows. (Once again, this is required to ensure pacing through the course.) I strongly recommend that each archer has at least 9 arrows. It would be best if each had 12 arrows. This is a forest shoot. You will lose arrows during the course of the hunt, although most are found by the end of the day. If at some point an archer drops below 6 arrows, they may continue but may only shoot and count those arrows they have. Un-shot parts of an end count as zero.
    8. Archers less than 16 may join a Hunting Party, but must be escorted by a Parent, Guardian, or holder of a legal waiver. The escort need not shoot, nor will a non-shooter count as a part of the Hunting Party.
    9. Archers between the ages of 16 and 18 may join a Hunting Party, without escort

See you at the Forest at Midge Marsh, and good hunting!

Baron Ryryd ap Gwerstan