[Artemisia] Tavern at Harvest War

Jenn Rhoades lady_flora at msn.com
Wed Aug 31 20:33:26 CDT 2011

Please pardon the bandwidth and cross post where appropriate!

Have you heard the news?
There is a new Tavern in Town!

Barony Haven will be holding a tavern-type concert in our camp on Friday
evening of Harvest War.  Sir Bart is
building a stage on site. There will also be some simple tavern food, and a bar
set up (BYOB).  The tavern will open at
7:30 with a 30 minute set of “Sing Along With Nana” for all the wonderful
children who will be attending Harvest War.
At  8:00 we will open the tavern
for adults (it may get a bit bawdy, so be warned.)  We would like to encourage ALL Artemisian
Bards to sign up for a gig at the tavern!
Sets should be no longer than 20 minutes, but can be a single song or
story, if desired.

Songs/stories do NOT have to be period, but should be “SCA
Friendly.”

Please see Flora at the Barony Haven kitchen, if you would
like to be put on the schedule.  Or you
may email me privately at this address.

There will also be an informal “Name The Tavern” contest
held at the concert that evening.

As an added bonus, Phil and Muchat of The Holy Grill, will
stay open late that evening so you can grab a burger or a Gyro or a sausage and
bring it to the tavern to complete your experience.

So far, some of the acts we have lined up include Rowan de
Merryweathyr, Sir Bart, HE Flora and HE Aghren, Lady Amanda de Spencer,
Mistress Meg of Davenport, Eric Mikkelson (sorry, Erik, I can never remember
your SCA name) plus MANY MORE!,

It’s going to be an EXCITING time to enjoy some good food,
good music, and good friends!  All are
invited!

Yay!FloraBaroness Flora of Heronton