[Artemisia] Fwd: [Announcements] Newsletter Production Stipends

Belladonna belladonna.difrancia at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 15:48:10 CST 2011

I, too, like books and magazines, Padruig. And perhaps I'm backpedaling a little
bit, but I don't mean to say that our newsletters are completely without value.
The Kingdom newsletter has announcements from the officers that appear nowhere
else, and our Baronial newsletter also includes announcements from the local
officers and the guilds that appear nowhere else. The February Sage dedicated 5
of 19 pages to event announcements and 5 of 19 pages to various regnum lists.
One page was a calendar of events. That's 11 of 19 pages, more than 50% of the
book, dedicated to information that is easily available if you have an Internet
account, doesn't need to be read and savored like a magazine or book, and for
most of us, probably more likely sought out on the Web, anyway.

Of the remaining 8 pages, 2 were front and back cover, and 3 were information
about the Sage or release forms for printing that are necessitated only by
having a printed publication (the release forms could be made available online,
emailed to people as a PDF form, or printed and given to people for an
electronic publication—in fact, I think they are already often used in some of
these ways). That leaves three pages of information that's not freely available
and easily accessed on the Web (ok, four if you count the cover, which is rather
nice). You obviously have an email account, so I would argue that if I were
Kingdom Chronicler, I'd gladly email you those four pages in PDF form and if you
really, truly can't stand to read even that much information online, it
shouldn't put you out too much to print three or four pages on your own (you
might enjoy viewing the cover more online, anyway, than printing it with
substandard color). If you really can't print it, maybe you have a subscribing
friend who'd agree to print it for you every month if you offered a ream of
paper in exchange.

Belladonna