[Artemisia] Newsletters - Electronic vs. Print

Richard Samul scascot at mac.com
Tue Feb 15 10:26:14 CST 2011

A while back, the discussion was about the rising costs of membership.

Now, the discussion is about transitioning newsletters across the KW to an electronic format.

There are arguments both for and against an e-newsletter. Personally, I understand the interest in not reading a newsletter on the computer. I receive the Arn Hold newsletter as an e-subscription, and as much of a computer guy as I am, I still print it out to read it. Also, as a computer guy, I'd love to see the Sage transition to an e-only subscription model. However, I've been blessed with living in an area with cable internet, so surfing the web and downloading a PDF attachment isn't a big deal for me. But, I know that others live in areas where the internet connection amounts to a couple of tin can and a string.

During the discussion about rising membership costs, the offer was made by others to supplement those who found the cost difference for membership to be a financial burden. In that vein, I hereby make the following offer:

Should the Sage Advice transition to an electronic-only subscription model, then I (at my own expense), will personally print/fold/stuff/mail a copy of the provided PDF version newsletter to/for any requesting individual for whom receiving or reading an electronic version of the Sage Advice is difficult or impossible.

I own my own small business. While I'm not rolling in cash, I'm doing ok at it, and I can write this stuff off as a charitable donation or business expense.

--
HL Earc Cearr