[Artemisia] Country Rhoades Kitchen at Uprising

Jenn Rhoades lady_flora at msn.com
Sat May 14 10:34:56 CDT 2011

Please pardon the band width.

Greetings to the Kingdom!

In response to your many flattering inquiries, and after juggling schedules and other priorities, Baron Ahgren and I are pleased to announce that we will, indeed, be setting up our kitchen for Uprising 2011.  Our kitchen will be located in the Conroi Camp.

The cost is 13 bucks per day. When Aggie and I try to figure menu and cost, we try to be comparable to what you would pay for a meal at a fast food place. So we figure 4 bucks for breakfast, 4 for the lunch buffet (to which you have access 24/7) and 5 for dinner.

If you buy into the kitchen, you HAVE to buy in for the full time - you can't buy in to individual meals. The ONLY exception to this is the day you arrive on site and the day you leave site. So, for example, if you were to arrive on Thursday at about noon, your fee for that day would be 9 dollars, rather than 13, as you would have missed breakfast.

We will be setting up a COLD breakfast on Sunday, but you are also welcome to take sandwiches for the road that day. So the fee for Sunday is only 5 bucks, rather than 13.

Because Sir Houri, Count Ralf and Baron Aggie all belong to the same "healthy heart club," we will have a non-red meat option for every meal. We are planning to have turkey ham on hand for breakfasts as an option to bacon and piggies (sausages.)

Lunches will consist of sandwich-makings (lunch meat, cheese, condiments) fresh fruit, granola bars, coleslaw, Greek salad, tossed salad, potato salad, pickles....

I am also going to make Build-your-own tacos for lunch one day and sloppy joes for one day.

Dinners will include charcoal roasted chicken, grilled salmon, Dutch oven lasagna, lamb and turkey kabobs, and steak and chicken for the last night.

And, of course, I will have my famous brownies, carrot cake and oat cake on hand.

We will coffee, tea, chocolate and cider on hand every morning, as well as homemade granola, fresh fruit, fruit juices and low fat yogurt.

And you never know when we will get the hankering to make Midnight Onion Rings!

Now the bad news. We will be limiting our kitchen to only 40 people this year. Please let us know ASAP what you would like to do. To make payments, you can contact me at lady underscore flora at msn dot com.  PLEASE make your reservations ASAP.  You don’t need to make a payment to make reservations.  However, we must have your payment (or a payment plan) by June 9th.

The easiest way to pay is via paypal.  Please contact me off list for the address.

We also need to know your estimated date and TIME of arrival and departure.  We don’t want to charge you for meals you are not on site to enjoy.  If you need help figuring your fees, please feel free to contact me at any time.

Thank you for the opportunity to serve some of our favorite folks!

As ever,
Flora
Baroness Flora of Heronton