[Artemisia] Shameless Event Plug - Quest for Camelot, May 19 - 22

Juliana Foxcroft julifox at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 23:11:30 CDT 2011

Just a few short days!  Some of the activities planned include, but are not
limited to:

Fighting:

Heavy Weapons Authorizations – Thursday Afternoon, 3:00 p.m. until ???

Armor inspections to begin each morning at 9:30 a.m.
Melees to begin each morning at10:00a.m.
Pick-up fighting after Tourneys

Black Knight Tourney – Friday afternoon
Torchlight Tourney – Friday night

Wheel of Doom Tourney – Saturday evening

Rapier:

Memorial Tournament in Honor of Lady Christina of Havering atte Bower – TBA

Equestrian:

Various activities planned throughout the weekend, including a demo similar to
last year’s and a scavenger hunt

Demos:

Mistress Eithni will once again be doing a hands-on all-day cooking on Saturday,
from 10:00 a.m. until an hour before Court.  Come and see what yummy stuff she's
cooking up this year!

Classes:

Beginning Card Weaving (Kayla Boysen)

Entering A&S Competitions (Mistress Eithni) Arts and Sciences Competitions can
be a great opportunity to display your skills as well as an opportunity to
assess how much you have learned and new directions for growth. Come learn how
to adequately prepare for an A&S Competition and how to get the most out of the
experience. A class on how to judge for A&S will follow, if there is sufficient
interest.

Double Face Weaving (Kayla Boysen) - requirements are: loom, two different
colors of yard (two balls of each color), shuttle, 10 cards, & imagination! oh
yeah scissors might be handy too.  Allow approximately 2 hours.  Class will be
held in the A & S area.

Fur and What to Do With It (THL Margaret Fitzwilliam of Kent)

Vernacular Music (THL Fiona) Vernacular music began with the troubadours. This
is the first time in history that music was written down that was sung in the
language of the people listening. This class will discuss troubadours most
particularly and will touch on the other vernacular forms that followed them.
Come learn about why singing in English is totally legitimate.

Hands-on Heraldry (THL Juliana Foxcroft)  Are you interested in working up a
device to be registered?  I will bring all the books and information I have on
heraldry plus some forms and markers, and do my best to help you.

I'm still waiting to hear back on some other classes - look for them to be
posted at Troll!  There is still space for more - we'll have a list set up and
if you want to teach something, go ahead and add it to the white board where
it's convenient for you.

Court:

Will be held at Their Majesties' pleasure.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Juli