[Artemisia] From the Kingdom Seneschal

Rachael Emborg rachael.emborg at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 09:58:15 CDT 2011

Greetings unto one and all!

This missive will appear in the November Sage Advice, but I thought I would
also send it here.

Things have been a bit busy in the seneschallate recently.  First off, I
wish to thank Baron Conrad von Zuberbuhler and Baroness Malkin for their
outstanding service as Emergency Deputy and Southern Regional Deputy.  They
have resigned their positions.  Both have been great assets to this office
and will be sorely missed.  At this time I am not opening those offices for
bids, which leads me to the following.  My warrant expires in March, 2012
and I am not planning to renew it.  Therefore I am soliciting bids from
those who would like to take on this office.

Basic requirements:
1) Be a paid member of the SCA, Inc. and have access to the newsletter at
your address.
2) Be knowledgeable about requirements for the office as stated in Corpora
and Kingdom Law
3) Have served as an officer, preferably a branch seneschal, at some point.
4) Have effective means of communication including telephone and email.
5) Good communication and organizational skills.
6) Ability to attend each Coronation and Crown Tournament as required by
Kingdom law.
7) Reporting to the Society Seneschal quarterly or more often as needed.

If you think you may be interested, please take a look a the various
documents I have mentioned as well as the Seneschal's Handbook found on the
sca.org website.  Especially relevant are the sections in the Seneschal's
Handbook regarding Kingdom-level Work and Service to the Membership.  I
encourage you to consider this and feel free to contact me with any
questions.

In order to apply for the office, please submit a letter of intent and a SCA
resume with relevant modern-world experience to myself, Their Majesties, and
Their Highnesses by December 31, 2011.  The deadline may be extended  past
that time if circumstances require it, but my hope is to have a candidate in
place in time to see how the Domesday process works.

Thank you for your time and consideration.  Please do not hesitate to
contact me with any questions.

~Theodora
Kingdom Seneschal