[Artemisia] What made you stay?

Cross Reardon starr.cross.reardon at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:03:49 CST 2012

In reponse to your questions,
I was only 13 when my Mother and I joined the SCA, but we felt it could be
done better than it was.  We started in a small shire in Trimaris with only
a few members that had a booth at a local Medieval Faire.  My mother and I
helped expand what they were doing at the fair by bringing in crafts in
which attendees could participate like making their own quill pens for $1
(a skill my mother already had).  I started teaching archery to the folks
in the shire and running IKAC rounds on our property (I had been shooting
archery since age 4).  In short I guess it was the things we could share
that kept us coming back - that feeling of being appreciated that is often
so lacking in the mudane world.

Tiernbard ap Gwalchmai

--
"If I do not somehow perceive you as intrinsically connected to me, it is
much easier not to care for you. Similarly, if I not perceive the natural

 May The Road

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May
the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields,
and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
traditional Irish blessing