[Artemisia] Hellsgate Tournament in the Barony of Sentinels’ Keep July 21th, 2012

vlj1930 at aol.com vlj1930 at aol.com
Wed Jul 18 22:50:30 CDT 2012

Note from the Exchequer: If you DO NOT bring your blue card, you WILL be charged the non-member surcharge! REGARDLESS of the excuse or reason for not having it. Thanks!

Hellsgate Tournament in the Barony of Sentinels’ Keep
July 21st, 2012

Greetings All!
On his accession to the throne of England King Henry V has vowed to revive the war against France and press his claim to the French throne. Fitful negotiations between the two countries have resumed, in which the French emissaries are rejecting with increasing alarm what they consider Henry's unacceptable demands. Rumors are flying about that King Henry will be resuming battle with the French (sorry Baron) in the fall and his plans include a strong and agile archery force.

A tournament will be held at Hellsgate in the Barony of Sentinels' Keep this July 21st, 2012 to determine who among you can join that force as one of the best archers in the Kingdom. For that to be achieved we will have our Baronial Archery Championship and other trials of the bow.

Heavy Armour fighters do not despair! King Henry may also have need of your skills to join his army. Hellsgate will be the perfect arena to display your might. And lest not you Rapiers be left out, there will be much need for your blades to defend and protect where the army may not tread.

NEW TOURNEY INFORMATION FOR HELLSGATE!
Thrown Weapons
The range will be open at 7-9pm Friday for practice/instruction.
The 1st Baronial Thrown Weapons Tournament will be Saturday early morning, time to be announced.
There will be up to 30 min of available time for practice immediately prior to the tournament.
The tournament will be run fairly quickly with 3-5 total throws with each weapon for score depending on the number of participants — the weapons being axe (tomahawk), knife, and spear. We have loaner weapons available, but feel free to bring your own if you have them.

Baronial Polling
We will also be holding a polling to determine The Barony of Sentinels' Keep New Territorial Baron and Baroness. All members of the Barony are requested to attend. Contact HE Judith, Baronial Seneschal, if you have polling questions. For those who brave the heat, ice cream will again be on the agenda as the Barony's fundraiser and ALL will be invited to create a favor/token to be given to the brave fighters.

The schedule: *UPDATED!!*
9am - ranges open for practice. List for Archery open.
Archers should be on site, signed up, and shooting practice rounds by 9:30am

Token/Favor making booth open.
Bestow your favors on a fighter of your choice.

10am - Baronial Archery Tournament
Silent Auction tables will open (New items will be added as people arrive).

11am - Thrown weapons range open for practice. List for TW open.
12 - Baronial Thrown Weapons Tournament

1pm - Polling, Ice Cream Social
Last Chance to bid on Silent Auction Items
2pm – Silent Auction Closes

5:00 – Dinner Break
6:30pm - Evening Court
Dusk - Armored & Rapier play.
Dark - Night Clout Shoot (Archery)

Note: The ranges may be open 2-5pm for additional shooting/throwing.

Pray heed! The flying, stinging creatures may be about so bring what you need to shield yourself and vanquish them!

Fees: Site $9 Adults, $6 ages 5-15
Feast: None, but cooking on site permitted & restaurants are close by.
Camping: Yes
Firepits: Two central ones only.
Pets: no
Water: Yes
Site is Wet after dusk.
Shade: Some, but not a lot, it will be hot!
Smoking in designated areas only.
Handicap Accessible: Mostly
Site opens Friday at 6: 00 pm and closes by Sunday at 11:00 am. We must be off site Sunday at noon.

*Directions*
Site will once again be held at Fort Missoula; although this time we will be camping on the lush green lawns of the museum itself. Take best route to Missoula, MT
1. Take Exit 101 off of Interstate 90, head south on Reserve Street south toward Hamilton.
2. After 4.6 miles turn Right on South Avenue.
3. In 0.8 Miles turn left on CCC rd/Guardsman Ln.
4. Welcome to Hell's Gate
Signs will be posted.

PLEASE plan accordingly for your comfort during Hellsgate…for heat, cold, bugs, food and drink, etc. There aren’t any food vendors on the Fort property but it is close to some fast food places, convenience stores and a grocery store with a large deli.

DON'T FORGET YOUR ITEMS FOR THE SILENT AUCTION!
(And don't forget your 'coppers')