[Artemisia] Spring Thaw Archery!

Richard Evans arilevi111 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 09:04:24 CDT 2012

Archers of the Realm:

Archery Tournament Season returns to the Kingdom of Artemisia!

At Spring Thaw, there will be an archery tournament well-suited to my Homeland.  A Welsh shoot will be conducted, with targets specially painted by his Excellency Morgan Blaidd du.  A Celtic Knot to test one's accuracy, an Englishman with his war dogs... It has been said that a few dragons have come out of the forest of Mercia to burn crops and steal cattle...  This should be a fun and challenging tournament for all.

In addition, Royal Rounds will be conducted as well as normal practice.  Should there be interest, I will happily teach an Introduction to Archery class, as well as offer technical advice to the more seasoned.

Practice bows, arrows, gloves and vambraces will be available.

Should any wish to receive training as a Target Archery Marshal, this too will be available.  Note that such training will take most of the day, so be aware of the time commitment.  Being a Marshal in Training (MIT) will NOT preclude you from shooting.

May your arrows fly straight and true,

Ryryd ap Gwerstan, OP, OSY(p), Grand Bowmaster