[Artemisia] Kingdom Calendar

Jennifer Heisler aezpelican at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 19 13:00:53 CDT 2014

My suggestion:  Let’s just set
a standard calendar that will be the same year after year.
February:
*New*  Whatever dates correspond to President’s day weekend will be used
for Coronation.  (3 day weekend, usually the 3rd weekend)
 April:  Crown Tourney
will be the 1st weekend in April each year.  (Same as before.)
 May:  *New*  Kingdom
North Collegium will be the 1st weekend in May each year.
 July:  *New*
Kingdom Champions Event will be the 3rd weekend of July each year.  (its
summer, school is out and this could be made into a 3 day event.)
 September:  Coronation
will be Labor Day weekend each year.  (Same as before.)
 October:  *New*
Whatever dates correspond to Columbus Day weekend will be used for Crown
Tourney.  (Another 3 day weekend, usually the 2nd weekend.)
 November:  *New*
Kingdom South Collegium will be the 1st weekend in November each
year.
 From this point on, locals
groups can be assigned their area’s premiere event dates.  If there is a
conflict, look at distance.  If the events are more than 250 miles apart =
there is no conflict and they can both be on that weekend.
 Now we have a set calendar and
groups can then submit a yearly request for the dates they want to hold an
event.  These would be submitted to the Kingdom Calendar Officer and that
person will fill in the dates on the calendar.  This could be done at
Uprising each year so the calendar is set well in advance.
 Again, there may be conflicts.
Resolution:
Are the events 250 miles or more apart?
= no conflict, both can have the date.
If not that far apart, has either
event already reserved a site?  = date goes to group with a reserved site.
Can you work with each other and
figure it out?
Can you combine events?

Recap:  Three Kingdom events
are now on 3 days weekends.  This helps
with travel time as well as availability to have a longer event, if desired.
Each group has been given preference
for their premiere event.
Each group can have as many (or few)
events as they want, just have to request dates.
Those of us who need to schedule
vacation time 6 to 12 months out, now know what event is when and it won’t be
changed.
This creates a set guideline for
each year.

Arguments:
Weather…this is the northwest.
Weather will always be a factor each month of the year.  Hot, cold, rain,
snow, dry wind.  Changing the calendar will not change the weather.

Out of Kingdom events….if you want
to travel and support another Kingdom that is wonderful.  Many of us don’t
have the option to do that for a variety of reasons.  Just like weather
issues, hard decisions may have to be made.

Reserving sites ahead of time…go for
it.  By Uprising, you will know your dates for the next year and can plan
all you want.

Disclaimer:  This is not just
my idea.  This is a compilation of several folk’s ideas and a bit of the
good old days.  Thank you to everyone I borrowed from.  Also, this is
just my suggestion.  Not trying to anger anyone or step on any toes.
If I have forgotten an event or have totally missed the point, pray forgive me.  As ever, in service to the Kingdom, Mst. Anna Elsbeth von Zuberbuhler