[Artemisia] Kingdom Calendar

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Wed Mar 19 18:31:01 CDT 2014

I would also point out that if the populace or a future Crown wants to support something else they will, things change.  What is current now, may not be later.  People and Things change.  Calendars are a tough job.  A fellow Kingdom Seneschal (Atenveldt actually) told me she gave this example when dealing with a kingdom calendar. Start with a deck of cards:

52 weeks = 52 cards

Take out the weekends for Christmas, and Thanksgiving = 2 cards
Take out the Kingdom Weekends = 6 cards (2 Crowns/2 Coronations/2 Arts events)
Take out 2 cards for potential Inter-kingdom stuff (if you have them) = 1 card (Artemisia currently only has T&C there may be more in the future, so plan 2)
Take out 1 card for each local group having a "signature non-conflict event" = 19 groups = 19 cards
Take out 1 card for each local group as a second calendar event = 19 cards
(Now put the cards in order by week/month to make your calendar)

That leaves 4 card/open weekends to schedule or adjust into.  Note in Artemisia there has been the practice of not scheduling on 4th of July weekend...we also have a predilection of not scheduling across from Pennsic even though only a small number attend.  So make it 2 weekends left open.  Add that most groups in Artemisia have traditionally scheduled 3-4 events (or more in some cases) just compounds the view.

Pretty telling isn't it?

Juliana