[Artemisia] Fwd: Baron"s Champion

Starr & Cross Reardon starr.cross.reardon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 23:56:04 CST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Starr & Cross Reardon <starr.cross.reardon at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 2:03 PM
Subject: Baron"s Champion
To: 1000 Eyes <list at barony1000eyes.org>

Baron's Champion is nearly upon us. We will be having a variety of ways you
can participate in the event.

*Baron's Champion:  *our baronial Arts& Sciences Championship. Enter four
items from at least three categories to compete for Champion, however
everyone is welcome to enter less than that and we will of course have a
populace choice.  Display items are also encouraged. Her Majesty will be
with us and we have an excellent opportunity to showcase the talent of our
artisans as well as a preparation for Kingdom A&S.

*Bardic Circle Jam Session*:  in the A&S room, at random as the music takes
you.

*Captain of the Baroness' Guard* : our amazing Rapier Championship.

*Heavy Tournament* : with a prize.

*Youth Combat Championship *Battle among you peers and try your hand at
defeating our Baron. Only a Peacock may earn the title of Youth Champion
but any Griffin may enter. (Out of area winner may get a prize also
shhhhh)

*Lunch :* Soup / Stew   Please bring you favorite winter concoction - make
sure you make up an ingredients list to post beside your masterpiece.
Napkins and plasticware will be provided.

Minimum Donation of $3 which will go to the purchase of loaner arrows for
our archery practices and UPRISING!

*Children’s Activities:* We will of course be planning fun for the most
important people in our midst.

*Dessert table and competition*. We would love for everyone to bring a
tasty dessert to share in the afternoon before court. If you would like to
enter the competition, we will separate a sample for the judges. There will
be an opportunity for bragging rights as well as a prize to the winner.

No documentation is needed- but this will be the rubric used in the judging:

Originality                  up to 5 points

Balance                       up to 5 points

Inspiration                  up to 2 points

Technique                   up to 2 points

*Overall Flavor            up to 6 points*

Total                           20 points

If you have any questions about the event, feel free to text (or call me)
208-339-8089.

YIS,

HL Cayleidh bean Tiernbard

--
"If I do not somehow perceive you as intrinsically connected to me, it is
much easier not to care for you. Similarly, if I not perceive the natural

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May
the sun shine warm upon your face; the rains fall soft upon your fields,
and until we meet again, may God hold you in the palm of His hand.
traditional Irish blessing