[Artemisia] Kingdom Equestrian Championship at Uprising Info

Duke Alan dukealan at q.com
Fri May 22 23:24:04 CDT 2015

Greetings All,

This is to announce that the Kingdom Equestrian Championship and Jousting Championship will be held at Uprising this year.  There will be several practice sessions available to sharpen your skills prior to the competition.  PLEASE NOTE:  Anyone who wishes to compete in the jousting portion of the competition MUST come and do some practice prior to the event.  This includes EVERYONE, no exceptions.

At Gulf Wars this year, a poorly trained jouster struck a horse with a lance.  This is completely and utterly unacceptable.  We expect that all perspective jousters will demonstrate at Uprising practice sessions, their ability to control their lance as well as their horse.  The safetly of jousters and horses is my primary concern.  I'm sure you all can appreciate this.

Kingdom Equestrian Champion will include, but not be limited to: Quintain, ring tilt, pig sticking, javelin throwing, sword work, and mounted archery.  It should be a bunch of fun to participate in, as well as to watch.  Anyone interested in bringing horses, please contact me off list so I can make sure to have stall space available for your steed(s).

I was the primary person involved in having the Equestrian Championships at Uprising, instead of Day of Champions.  Equestrian Events are not suited to one day events.  There are many other reasons, which I will be happy to discuss with anyone who cares to contact me off list.

As always, I'm very intersted in seeing the Equestrian program in Artemisia grow and flourish.  Come and help that become real.  Below is a link to a video of a jousting tournament in Ansteorra, called Lysts on the Lake.  I've been fortunate enough to attend this event, and it is fantastic.  Please take 11 minutes of your time to see the image that we are trying to reach.

I don't do Facebook, so if anyone could cross post this to that media, I would appreciate it.

YIS,   Alan