[Artemisia] 1000 Eyes March Event

Duke Alan dukealan at q.com
Sat Feb 4 22:37:53 CST 2017

Hello All,

Below is the event announcement for the 1000 Eyes March Event.  We would love to see everyone there.  A good time will be had.

Alan

Peacock Champions  --  Barony of 1000 Eyes

March 18, 2017

Rapier,
Heavy, Arts and Sciences, and Youth Championship Competitions

As the winter snow begins to thaw, and thoughts of spring
fill our minds, we prepare for the season of warmth with competitions warm us
and to find the best in our barony.   We
have 4 (yes, four) competitions to discover our new champions for this
year.   First, we will be having a Rapier
challenge to determine our Captain of the Guard.   The next competition is for Baronial
Champion (= Baroness’ Champion), a heavy combat competition to find the best
fighter in our lands.  Third, we will
have an Arts and Science Competition to determine the best artisan in our
barony.  As of now THL Magda, our current
A&S Champion, has set the competition as follows:  2 entries (one of which should be a newly
learned skill) in 2 grand categories.
Written documentation is required, but the new skill entry requires less
documentation.  This is to encourage more
of our barony to enter this grand and fine competition.    Last, but not least, is our Youth
Championship competition to find the best youth champion in our barony.   More information about these competitions
will be forthcoming.    Only BOTE members
can be awarded championship status, but others from throughout our kingdom are
welcome to participate and display.

There will be a
populous vote at this event of SCA Barony of 1000 Eyes members (with current
memberships) whether you would like BOTE to remain a barony.  It is very important
that all members of our barony attend this event and cast your vote!

Food!  Glorious
Food!   There will be a fundraiser lunch
to raise funds to go toward the Uprising War Fund ($5 suggested
donation/person).   There will be a sumptuous feast with the
tentative menu of:  Beef Garlic Soup with
breads, Pickled Vegetables, Chicken pies, asparagus with savory sauce, and fish
over citrus rice, plus desserts.    Menu may vary slightly, but it will be quite
the spread!

Site:  The Old York Grange Hall, 954 W. 65th
S., Idaho Falls, ID  83401.  Site opens at 9:00 am and closes a 9:00 pm

Site Fees:  Adult member discount registration $10 per
person, Adult registration fee $15 per person.
6-18 years old, $6, 5 and under: free.
Family cap of $30.00.  Make all
checks payable to SCA, Inc., Barony of One Thousand Eyes.

Feast Fees:  $7 (adults, 13 years old and older) , 6-12 yo
$4, 5 yo and younger: no charge.  Feast
may be reserved by emailing Helena at kbaum at jps.net.  Feast is set for 50 people.

Directions to site:   Address:
954 W. 65th S., Idaho Falls: