[Blgspops] Final concert prep

Jacquie Ziegler shauna at bresnan.net
Wed May 7 10:26:24 CDT 2014

A good morning (even if it is snowy) to everyone.

Final reminders.

Rehearsal tomorrow is at the Library - we have the room from 6:30 pm to
8:30 pm, so be on time (or even a tiny bit early!) please.

Parking at the library is either at the Diamond lot (free) just to the
East or on the street. Don't have to feed the meters after 5.

Our Emcee will be Mayor Tom Hanel. He won't be able to stay around after
we are done playing on Saturday, as he has to get
to the airport, so no long intermission.

Concert order:

Around The World in Eighty Minutes

A Spring Concert by the Billings Pops Orchestra

Aura Lee -- Traditional Arranged by Jack Bullock

"Surprise" Symphony, Second Movement -- Franz Joseph Haydn (1732 - 1809)
Arranged by Richard Meyer

H.M.S. Pinafore Overture -- Arthur Sullivan (1842 -- 1900) Edited by
Carl Simpson

The King and I -- Rodgers and Hammerstein Arranged by C. Paul Herfurth

Short Break to present certificate to Andrew Wittman

Bacchanale from 'Samson and Delilah' -- C. Saint-Saens arranged by Merle
J. Isaac

Brandenburg Sinfonia (abridged) from Cantata No 174 -- J.S. Bach (1685
-- 1750) Adapted and arranged by Merle J. Issac

Arise from 'Lineage of the Lotus' -- Ron Dorado

Entrance of the Queen of Sheba from 'Solomon' -- George Frideric Handel
(1685 -- 1759) Transcribed by Seven L Rosenhaus

Concert starts at 2pm on Saturday, we've got the room from 12:30pm so we
can have chairs set up in advance. A couple of people that early would
be great, so that the rest can show up by 1pm to get instruments and
music set up.

Wearing all black for a uniform look.

Cookies requested (see other message for details).

Jacquie
President