[Blgspops] About that concert!

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Mon Dec 14 13:21:24 CST 2015

First, from John:

1.  Great concert and great job helping the show flow with ease.
    Have heard several times how wonderful it was.  One told me
that they enjoyed the last song and everyone should have stayed, but
when the turned on the house lights the audience left.  Oh well.
2. Some serious news.  This morning at about 5 AM I got a call from
Jeff Neumann (Chanter – tenor) said he was going to the hospital.
I met Vivian and Jeff there and we went into the emergency room area,
where they started checking him and then whisk his off to the
operating room because he had had and was having a heart attack.  (He
walked into the hospital).  That was a real shock!!!.  I guess he
was having one during the concert too.  He called it acid reflex.
WOW!.    The put a couple of stents into his heart valves through
his arm.  He said he was awake during the whole time.  One valve was
100 % blocked, another was 95% blocked so the third one was doing all
of the work. Jeff is doing fine now, resting in room 3479 at Billings
Clinic hospital.  He is a lucky guy.  The doctor said he should have
come to the hospital a couple of days ago, glad he did when he did.
Your humble director, John Baber

 And one note from Julie S via me:

 Someone in the String section left a stand light behind at the
theater. It's a 'Mighty Bright' light with a five or six LED lightbar,
not the 'bug-eyed antenna' twin bulbs. Julie S has it. Carol, is it
yours?

 From me:

 I got lots of positive feedback at the after-concert dinner, so we
should all feel good about the performance.

 We are on holiday break until the first Thursday of February, for
rehearsals. I am planning on having
 at least one meeting of officers and the music committee - either at
the same time or separately, depending on everyone's schedule -
sometime during January.  Definitely looking for new ideas on
recruiting and advertising.

 Have a good holiday season, and stay warm and safe!

 Jacquie Ziegler
 President