[Blgspops] Meeting minutes from last week

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Wed Jan 21 14:16:56 CST 2015

Greetings everyone!

 While we did not have a huge turnout for last week's potluck,
business meeting and rehearsal, we did have enough people to discuss a
few items.

 Here are the meeting notes:

	Billings Pops Orchestra Business Meeting Jan 15 2015

	Present:

	Jacquie Ziegler President
 John Baber Conductor
 Cathy Fiene
 Linda Fiene Treasurer
 Cynthia Brewer
 Ginny Waples Web person
 Susie Armstrong
 Alma Weisner
 Julie Methiot
 Carol Critelli
 Liz Fulton
 Julie Solberg Vice President

	Susie Armstrong took the meeting notes.

	Old business

	Christmas concert went well.  Approximately 400 people attended the
event. Informal dinner conversation after the concert focused on how
to get better attendance next year by selling more tickets and ads.
2014 programs cost around $800.00, and the theater was around
$2500.00.  Electric piano had to be brought in due to damage by
others to the theater's keyboard.
 Concert was shown on community TV several times.
 The next Voices of Christmas concert is scheduled for the second
weekend in December 2015.
 Chanters donated $200.00 to our general fund.
 One suggestion by an orchestra member was to  practice difficult
parts on stage before the concert while the doors are locked.

	Music committee

	Kathy Fiene suggests we revisit old music and pull out a few
favorites to  include in our spring repertoire. People seem to have
their favorites.
 John has purchased some new music. This was handed out after the
meeting.
 Alternate music storage is a necessity. Wide file cabinets need to be
purchased at garage sales etc.  (Jacquie?) to replace collapsing
shelves.

	Spring Concert

	Concert is currently scheduled for April 30, 2015.  Pastor of St.
Andrew's would like us to consider playing during a church event.
(To be discussed.) We do need to raise money for our scholarship fund.
Bake sales have been hugely profitable in the past and could be again.
 Perhaps we could visit a nursing home on Maundy Thursday since we
cannot use the church that night. We could go through our concert
music then.

	Scholarship

	Ginny Waples suggests improving our application form. It does not
include enough information to make an informed decision on a potential
candidate. Deadline information is not on our form. Last year (2014)
$250.00 was donated in scholarship for the RMF.  Currently our
scholarship fund is $1100.00.

	Ginny, Cynthia, Jacquie, and perhaps Julie S. will work on the
committee to rework the form. After the form is updated, it will be
posted on our site.

	  That is all that was discussed before we sorted out the new music
from John and then sight-read most of it. We all enjoyed the music
presented, and are hoping for more people this week so we can get a
better feel for the sound of the various pieces.

 Suggestions for older music to pull from our library to fill out the
concert are also appreciated. Please message here on the list or bring
your suggestions with you this week.

 See everyone tomorrow night!

 Jacquie Ziegler
 President