[Blgspops] schedule discussion

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Tue Dec 13 14:26:46 CST 2016

	Greetings!

 As I sit here, looking out at the frozen landscape, wheezing and
coughing (yes, I'm sick right now), I am very glad we are on holiday
break.

	To reiterate, we are on break through at least the first Thursday of
January. Our start up date depends on what the orchestra wants.

	We moved our 'fall' concert to Jan 19 because we were not really
ready. I still am getting lots of personal feedback that we are not
anywhere near ready for that date, either. We have not advertised it
at all, so changing the date would not be fatal by any means.

	Also, we are losing our Trombone player - he is moving to Portland,
Oregon, in January. We will miss him! Good luck!

	John has us booked for a evening banquet gig on April 1, playing for
the National Model T manager's convention. Putting our practices
towards that goal would seem to be more productive. We can certainly
use what we have been practicing already for that, as well as pulling
some of our older music from the 'dinner and dance' set we did a few
years ago.

	What I need from the orchestra is a vote - do we try and pull out the
January concert, knowing we are not prepared for it in many sections,
or do we cancel it and aim for the April 1 gig for preparation then
try and work on something in late May or early June to finish out our
year?

	IF we go with canceling the Jan concert, when would you like to start
rehearsing again? Late January (maybe the 19th?) seemed to be popular
with those I talked to after our performance last week.

	PLEASE let me know, either through the list or privately at
shauna at bresnan.net [1], as soon as possible on both questions - do we
try for the concert or not, and if not when do you want to start up
again?

	Jacquie

	President

Links: