[Blgspops] Music to bring this Thursday

shauna at bresnan.net shauna at bresnan.net
Mon Feb 29 15:00:48 CST 2016

Hello everyone!

 In addition to the pieces we have been working on this February,
please see if you have any of the following pieces in your personal
copies:

 Bacchanale by Saint-Saens
 *The Moldau by Smetana
 Overture to the Royal Fireworks Music by Handel
 On the Beautifu Blue Danube by Strauss
 Oh, Pretty Woman by Orbison and Dees
 *Rhosymedre by Vaughan Williams
 *Rock and Roll Classics arr Bullock
 Surprise Symphony by Haydn
 *Finale-Symphony No. 2 in C by Tschaikovsky
 Toy Symphony by Haydn (arr by c. Critelli)
 *Variations on a Theme by Handel  arr Whitney

 The ones with an asterisk (*) are ones we either sight-read last week
or will definitely try to work on this week. The others will also be
ones we wnat to try.

 John will be ordering the Suite of Water Music  by Handel, but it
has not come in yet.

 See everyone on Thursday! Please, please, PLEASE try and come to
rehearsals and try and reach out
 to people who might be interested in joining us. We are shrinking,
not growing, and this is not good!

 Jacquie Ziegler
 President